EDMONTON DAILY PHOTO

Edmonton is one of the largest northern urban centers in the world. Located in Canada, Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta. The city has a strong history as a trade center, and it served as the last major stop for the Klondikers during the Gold Rush. This is why we Edmontonions call our city "The Gateway to the North"


Please enjoy my perspective of one of of the fastest growing urban areas this side of China.


Please follow Edmonton Daily Photo on face book as well. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Edmonton-Daily-Photo/213510022030669

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Paul Kane Park

I very much enjoy how the crisp blue caused by the overcast conditions contrasts with that of the very warm but harsh lighting that is given off by a standard outside the picture boarders.

This picture looked very good in black and white, but the contrast was lost and so I have elected to leave it in colour.

Enjoy.



4 comments:

Saretta said...

Snow? Wow, I'm glad I live in southern Italy! ;-)

Marcel said...

Nice pictures, sounds great to have snow. I checked your blog out. I onces have had a friend from Edmonton, she was a crazy woman. I keep thinking what her name was but can't remember.
Cheers from Marcel

Jude said...

I really like that first shot. You have a talent for the angles you capture things at!

Irina said...

It looks like winter was too anxious to settle in your city!
Beautiful photos.

Ratings by outbrain