EDMONTON DAILY PHOTO

Edmonton is one of the largest northern urban centers in the world. Located in Canada, Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta. The city has a strong history as a trade center, and it served as the last major stop for the Klondikers during the Gold Rush. This is why we Edmontonions call our city "The Gateway to the North"


Please enjoy my perspective of one of of the fastest growing urban areas this side of China.


Please follow Edmonton Daily Photo on face book as well. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Edmonton-Daily-Photo/213510022030669

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The QE 2



This Highway is one of the busiest in the world and represents billions of dollars in trade. It links Edmonton to Alberta's other major city, Calgary. What was once called Hi-Way 2 was renamed as per the photo above.


The prairies are also known as big sky country. Edmonton itself is not in part of the big sky region. It is actually a good 300km to the south east. This photo gives you an idea as to why Big Sky is like. The real macoy would have a much lower horizon and be FLAT with almost no trees. It has the same effect as standing before a mountain, one feels very small and trivial.


I am currently in Red Deer helping my mother who has broken her wrist.

3 comments:

Kim said...

you had me going there, Mark. "A ship in Edmonton?" Cool to see this.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Stevenson Q said...

hello! Edmonton! Your City is truly beautiful! Specially your photos of them! I'm just new, barely a month doing Cavite Daily Photo(Philippines) And I reall want to apply to City Daily Photo but I don't know how. Can you help me? by the way, I'll link this site to mine manually! Thanks so much! Such a great site!

Cavite Daily Photo (Philippines)
Steven Que

Gerald (SK14) said...

Interesting - I've distant relatives in Calgary & Edmonton and when I think of Alberta I imagine mountains - didn't realise about the huge flat praries - I guess they don't make for majestic photography so get overlooked.

Ratings by outbrain